JOB VACANCY FORM: Commercial Attorney
Position at (Law Firm): VDT Attorneys Incorporated
Closing date: 30 November 2023
Ideal start date: 1 December 2023 / 2 January 2024
Full time position: Monday-Friday 08h00 – 16h30
Location: Castle Gate Offices, C/o Solomon Mahlangu & Van Ryneveld Avenue, Waterkloof Ridge, Pretoria, 0181
Skills and experience Essential:
- 1-5 years post article experience in the relevant field of Commercial and Tax Law and/or Commercial Litigation
- Excellent Commercial and Tax Law Experience
- Good knowledge of legislation and or transactional work relating to: –
- Company Law;
- Business Law;
- Mergers & Acquisitions;
- Fiduciary Services and Estate Planning Structures and Advisory;
- Positive attitude and the capability of working under pressurised conditions and dealing with large projects for corporate clients.
- Structured, methodical with fault finding and attention to detail.
- Understanding high demand of Client Service;
- Ability to work together in a team on projects;
- Communication – Ability to communicate efficiently to and with clients at board level as well as to and with co-workers on fault statuses.
- Self-Starter and Motivated – Driven by the need to succeed.
- Able to work independently.
- Computer skills – MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and Internet will be beneficial.
- B-com & LL.B;
- Registered Tax Practitioner (or in progress of registration);
- Degree, Diploma or other Qualification in Tax (or at least have the intent to enrol for such qualification)
- Management, administration and operation of own files, accounts and legal department;
- Reporting to Principal on projects;
- Good understating and feel for client’s business and business requirements and corporate and commercial relations;
- Drafting of specialised, general – and/or specific contracts, advice and/or legal opinions, tax opinions, including, but not limited to:
o Shareholder Agreements;
o Partnership Agreements;
o Merger Agreements and Corporate Restructure Agreements;
o Share Sale and Subscription Agreements;
o Service Level Agreements;
o Data Privacy Agreements, such as operator agreements, data processor agreements, E-commerce contracts etc.;
o Joint Venture and Co-Operation Agreements.
- Negotiation of agreements;
- Reviewing and settling of contracts;
- Management and execution of contracts;
- Any requirements that entities or individuals may have in relation to transactions and commerce in general.