The firm is following all protocols set out by the World Health Organisation and local health authorities in respect of COVID-19. Outlined below is an overview of the external and internal measures we are taking to keep people safe and maintain client service.
In the face of these challenging circumstances we will continue to deliver excellent legal services, albeit a little differently:
- Physical meetings with clients will be kept to a minimum to reduce exposure
- Should a physical meeting be absolutely necessary, social distancing will be practiced and staff will not greet clients with a handshake
- In the event that clients have to sign documentation, they will be requested to declare their recent international travel history so that appropriate measures can be implemented
- Consultation rooms will be sanitised after every consultation
- Upon entry and exit visitors will be asked to make use of hand sanitisers which are available at the reception, in all consultation rooms, and the restrooms
- Staff are equipped to finalise matters electronically to ensure that legal services are provided timeously and without interruption
- Client functions have been cancelled until further notice
We have taken every possible precaution to ensure the health and safety of our staff:
- Shareholders meet regularly to monitor developments in respect of the virus and to establish control measures for the firm
- Staff have been briefed on the virus and informational hygiene posters have been placed throughout the building
- Hand sanitisers have been made available in each department
- Cleaning processes have been reviewed and amended to deal with the virus more effectively
- Besides the regular office cleaning services, staff have been asked to sanitise their personal workspaces on a daily basis as an additional measure
- Staff functions have been cancelled to avoid the spreading of the virus
- Travel restrictions have been put in place
- Staff who have any symptoms or who have been in contact with people from affected countries have been asked to inform the firm, consult with doctors and stay at home until confirmation has been received that they are not infected
- The office will be locked over week-ends from 18h00 on Fridays to 06h00 on Mondays
The firm will rigorously monitor the status of COVID-19 and will take proactive measures to mitigate the risks associated with it. Please contact your attorney directly should you have any queries or require any assistance.
VDT Attorneys will continue to exercise grace under pressure in this challenging time. We thank you for your understanding and patience and are confident that together we can beat the Coronavirus if we maintain high standards of cleanliness, safety and responsibility.
This document can also be downloaded by clicking on the “download document” button above.