“These bursaries form part of the Phatshoane Henney Group support initiatives to grow the number of black professionals in the group. By assisting Group firms to enhance their offer to candidates, it not only addresses the challenge of attracting quality black candidate attorneys to Group firms located away from main centra, but also of supporting member firms who have set themselves specific targets for the appointment and development of black professionals at their firms,” remarks Group Chair, Douglas Henney.
The bursaries were paid to candidate attorneys via the Phatshoane Henney Foundation, the Group’s registered non-profit charitable trust.
The following candidates received such bursaries at the beginning of 2018:
- Ingrid Lestrade, articling at Terblanche Slabber Pieters inc. in Malmesbury
- Prince Hlatshwayo, articling at Cilliers & Reynders inc. in Centurion
- Dikhumo Moeti, articling at Kotzé Low Swanepoel in Vryburg
- Ellerize Morrie, articling at Van der Spuy & Partners in Paarl
- Cwayita Arosi, articling at Greyvenstein inc. in Port Elizabeth
- Hannah Mokoena, articling at Langenhoven Pistorius & Partners inc. in Brits
- Lonwabo Ndwandwa, articling at Drake, Flemmer & Orsmond inc. in East London
- Bonginkosi Ngubeni, articling at Breytenbach Mavuso inc. in Bethlehem
- Michelene Morkel, articling at Millers inc. in George
- Jodie McThomas, articling at Muller Terblanche & Beyers inc. in Worcester