Johan Taljaard is an Associate in VDT’s Commercial Property department.
He comes from the small town of Reitz in the Free State and his first love is property law and legal services that involve the agricultural sector.
Johan obtained his BCom Law degree from the University of Pretoria in 2016 and his LLB degree from the University of Pretoria in 2018 and he is a proud ex-resident of House Mopane. Johan joined the firm as a Candidate Attorney in 2019 and was admitted as an Attorney in 2020 and was admitted as a Conveyancer in 2022.
He has experience in the fields of Commercial Law, Company Law, Property Law, Agricultural Law, Wills, Trusts and Estates and General Legal Assistance.
- Commercial contracting
- Corporate and company
- Non-profit companies
- Property transfers
- Sectional titles
- Share block schemes
- Township establishment,
- consolidations and subdivisions
- Wills and trusts
- Attorney of the High Court of South Africa
Lecturing & speaking engagements:
- Johan often participates in live television interviews on GROOTplaas (kykNET) and also PlaasTV. You can watch his insights on our YouTube channel – just search for VDT Attorneys Inc.
- Member of the Golden Key International Honour Society
- Winner: National AGENDA University Debating Competition (2017)
- Whip of the University of Pretoria ATKV Debate Team (2017, 2016)
- Coach of the University of Pretoria Kovsie Moot Court Team (2015)
- Best Heads of Argument: Kovsie Moot Court (2014)